Thai Chicken Pizza2014-06-09
- Yield : 2 Pizzas
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 35m
- Cook Time : 50m
- Ready In : 1:30 h
Ingredients (Makes 2 Pizzas)
- 24 ounces pizza dough, divided
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, for dusting
- About 1 1/4 cups Thai peanut sauce
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cooked grilled Thai chicken, diced Generously dust a wooden peel or the back of a sheet pan with flour or cornmeal. Generously dust a wooden peel or the back of a sheet pan with flour or cornmeal.
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienne or coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Sriracha chili sauce for garnish (optional)
Place a pizza stone in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 500°. Allow the stone to heat for at least half and hour before baking pizzas.
Allow the pizza dough to come to room temperature. On a lightly-floured work surface, form the dough into two large balls, collecting the sides and tucking them under to create a smooth outer surface. Cover the dough with a damp towel and allow to rest for at least 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, warm the peanut sauce in a saucepan set over low heat until heated through and pourable.
Generously dust a wooden peel or the back of a sheet pan with flour or cornmeal. With lightly-floured hands, press the dough with your fingertips to form a flattened disk. Lift the dough up and use the back of your knuckles to stretch and thin-out the dough into a circle with a diameter of 12-inches. Be careful to preserve the edge of the dough if you want a light, chewy crust. Carefully position the stretched dough onto the prepared peel or baking sheet.
Using a ladle, spoon an even layer of the peanut sauce onto the dough and carefully spread it close to the border being careful to leave a 1/2-inch edge. Top with an even layer of mozzarella cheese followed by pieces of the diced Thai chicken, green onions and carrots. Top with a light sprinkling of a bit more mozzarella. Lightly brush the exposed crust with a bit of the vegetable oil to promote browning.
Slide the pizza onto the preheated stone and bake until the crust is crisped and golden and the cheese is bubbling, about 6-7 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the roasted peanuts, freshly chopped cilantro leaves and sriracha. Serve immediately.
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
1 people rated this recipe
This information is per serving.